Thursday 21 April 2011

Lately I've been distracted by... a Paddy Considine interview, a Wolverine t-shirt, movie barcodes, Game of Thrones, and more!

I get distracted very easily. When I'm writing a review, researching an article, or I'm supposed to be working, things catch my eye and tempt me away from what I should be doing. Most of the time, these distractions are interesting and movie-related so I decided I would start making a note of them and then write up a post every once in a while. That way, my distractions are actually being put to good use on my blog... unless I get distracted while writing up the post about my distractions, that might cause some sort of paradox! Anyway, I'll worry about that later. Here's what I've been distracted by lately:

Paddy Considine is an inspirational wonder, here he talks about being recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome:

Mmm Threadless, a place that earns lots of my pennies by constantly showing off great t-shirt designs. This one is of Wolverine going through the metal detector at the airport:


I know I should be throwing lots of hatred at Abduction for being just a Bourne-imitating, post-Twilight Taylor Lautner vehicle, but the supporting cast includes some of my favourite actors: Jason Isaacs, Alfred Molina, Michael Nyqvist and Sigourney Weaver!



This site compresses each frame of a movie and arranges them into a movie barcode:
Here's one for Jaws...


The Guardian has an interview with director Luc Besson:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/apr/14/luc-besson-interview

Total Film looks at some of the best long takes in movies:

I watched the first episode of Game of Thrones this week. I want a wolf pup! I also get the feeling I'm going to become very confused with all the different houses, so Screen Rant's Infographic should help:
http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-character-guide-infographic-mcrid-111205/


Empire takes a look at the best finishing moves in movies:
http://www.empireonline.com/features/movie-finishing-moves/

2 comments:

  1. Likewise a little guilty for actually wanting to watch Abduction. John Singleton has that way about him. Similar guilt surrounded Four Brothers...which is great fun in a contemporary Lee Marvin "way to go slugger" kinda way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also caught the first episode of Game of Thrones, it was fantastic, and true to the original source. It's going to be another winner for HBO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...