• Sirius Black (Harry Potter series) Harry Potter's godfather who spent many years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Is able transform into a big black dog. Brave and loyal, he also looks quite dapper in a smart suit.
• Jim Gordon (Christopher Nolan's Batman films) One of the few good policemen left in Gotham who haven't been corrupted, he is an ally to Batman in his fight against the criminals in the city. He is promoted to Police Commissioner in The Dark Knight after he assists in capturing the Joker.
• Rosencrantz (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead) One of the minor characters from the play Hamlet who is the focus of this film's events. Oldman shows off a great talent for comedy and a masterful command of the very wordy script.
• Ben Chase (Criminal Law) A lawyer who defends a man (Kevin Bacon) accused of murder and gets him let off, only to discover that he was guilty. A deadly game of cat-and-mouse ensues, with the lawyer trying to put things right and stop the killer before he can strike again. One of Gary's earliest films.
• O.W. Grant (Interstate 60) A kind of genie who grants one wish per person. It's a great performance and a quirky, memorable character. He rides a bicycle, wears a bowtie and smokes a pipe in the shape of a monkey's head. A little-known but enjoyable film, and Gary steals the show.
So those are my favourites, who are yours? Drop me a comment.