Saturday 10 July 2010

Philip K. Dick movie adaptations

Philip K. Dick is one of my favourite sci-fi writers. The films that have been adapted from his novels and short stories have generated over $1 billion in world-wide box office and ancillary revenue. Most famous of all is probably Blade Runner (1982), adapted from "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". Other films also based on his works include Total Recall (1990), Screamers (1995), Minority Report (2002), Paycheck (2003), A Scanner Darkly (2006) and Next (2007). I am really looking forward to seeing the upcoming The Adjustment Bureau starring Matt Damon, Emily Blunt and Terence Stamp. In the near future I am hoping to rent these films again so I can re-watch them, I might also re-read the stories at the same time and then write reviews incorporating how well I think they have been adapted. In the meantime I shall leave you with the trailer for The Adjustment Bureau...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...